"Host families" are not always a traditional married couple with two children. That's why we prefer to just say "hosts". We are looking for people who will warmly welcome our adult students. They must take the time to talk to students, be patient and understanding, and be willing to provide information and help with any small problems that may arise during their stay in a foreign country.
Minimum requirements for hosts and their homes:
- The guest room must be equipped with a bed and sufficient storage space, lighting, chair and desk. If there is no desk in the guest room, there must be a private and adequate work/study area in the flat.
- The room should be attractive, have natural light and the furniture should be in good condition.
- The room must not also be used by the family during a guest stay.
- Ideally, the students should be the only native speakers. This means that two guests with the same mother tongue should not stay with the same host at the same time.
- "TREFFPUNKT half board" means breakfast every day and a hot meal five times a week.
- If the guest has booked half board, the main meal of the day should be eaten together with the family and consist of at least two courses (e.g. main course and salad or main course and dessert).
- Meals should vary throughout the week.
- Rooms, common areas, kitchen and bathroom must be clean.
- The bathroom should be in a clean and tidy condition and students should be allowed to bathe or shower at least once a day.
- Bed linen must be changed regularly.
- Students should bring their own towels.
- Students should have the opportunity to do their laundry at least once a week. It is up to the hosts to charge a small (!) fee for this.
- Families should talk to students as often as possible.
- During the heating season, the room must be heated.
- The journey to school should not take more than 30 minutes on foot or by public transport.
- The hosts and their homes must be known to the school staff. Before the first placement and every two years thereafter, the hosts will be visited by the school. Together with the school representative, the checklist according to DIN EN 14804 is then discussed.
- The wishes and needs of the pupils, such as non-smoking/smoking, allergies, vegetarian food, etc., must be taken into account as far as possible.