Beer seminar with focus on beers brewed in Bamberg
Welcome to the region with the highest concentration of breweries in the world!
Statistically speaking, there is one brewery every three kilometres in Franconia, northern Bavaria.
You will find 9 breweries in Bamberg itself and in the surrounding area that number is closer to 65!
What is so special about Franconian beers?
Specialty "Smoked Beer"? What’s that all about?
How does the smoke get into the beer?
And what does Saint Peter have to do with all of this?
If you would like to know more about the beer culture in Germany then join our beer seminar - informative, interesting and fun.
- Gain an insight into the beer region of Franconia and aspects of German brewing history.
- Appreciate and understand that beer is part of our cultural heritage in Franconia and Germany.
- Presentation of ingredients used for brewing beer
- Insights into the brewing process - including a recipe for a blond Lager (= Vollbier)
- Overview of different beer types, beer glasses and technical terms
- Overview of the breweries in Bamberg
- Interesting, unusual and historic facts about THE Gerrman beverage.
- Put your knowledge into practice - beer tasting in the guesthouse brewery Ambräusianum
- Immerse yourself in the world of brewers and maltsters in the brewery museum of Bamberg
- Taste, smell and feel the ingredients (hops, malt, yeast and water) of German beers brewed according to the REINHEITSGEBOT of 1518.
- Experience the diversity of beer available by tasting Pils / Blond Lager / Dark Lager / Yeast Beer and Smoked Beer
Level of language ability:
- All German students who are interested in beer and its history and of course those who enjoy drinking beer
- introduction the different types of beer and their characteristics
- introduction to the beer brewing process
- regional beer tasting
- every participant will receive an informative folder of about 18 pages