Are you an architect or building contractor who wishes to improve his or her contacts with German customers and business partners?
Would you like to be better able to understand and use German architectural and construction-related terminology?
Do you wish to feel more secure when speaking on the telephone and writing e-mails and letters?
Would you like to learn more about basic building ordinances and regulations in Germany?
Our seminar addresses all of these topics and more.Objective:
- A greater sense of security when dealing with German partners and customers in the construction industry
- A detailed insight into the particularities of German construction regulations
- Improvement of verbal and written skills
- Expansion of existing vocabulary to include architectural and construction-related terminology
- Training in sector-specific verbal and written formulations
- Introduction to the German regulatory landscape (e.g. Vergabe- und Vertragsordnung für Bauleistungen/VOB (Tendering and Contract Regulations for the Provision of Construction Services in Germany))
- Learning to speak with a greater sense of security on the phone with German business partners and regulatory agencies
- Solidification of written skills
- Insight into the German work ethic
- Improvement in ability to conduct presentations
- Special topics, selected according to participants' areas of interest
- Group preparation of brief presentations
- Expansion of vocabulary using slides, trade publications etc.
- Review of pertinent construction ordinances and regulations in Germany
- Development of verbal skills through discussions
- Excursion to historical and contemporary buildings in and around Bamberg
All architects, construction engineers, building contractors, and construction workers who
are learning German
Level of language ability:
- and wish to work in Germany, or
- want to improve and intensify their cooperation in Germany with German partners and customers
Prerequisite: Level B1
Six instructional units of 45 minutes each
Vocabulary exercises, expressing oneself properly in conversations
Overview of construction regulations, preparation for excursion
Tour of buildings, with participants providing brief presentations on the sites on the basis of notes prepared beforehand
Programme content can be altered/varied depending on participants' wishes.
Combining the seminar with a German course is not obligatory.
If necessary, the seminar can also be arranged as an advanced seminar or continuation.
Course materials are included in the seminar fee.